The French Defence is very popular and is considered a solid opening for Black. How do you manage to gain an advantage with White against it? What are typical plans and how do you remember which idea to use and when? What should you know about the complex positions? German National player and WGM Jana Schneider answers these questions on this video course. Experienced herself in the Advance Variation with both colours, she shows typical plans and ideas with the help of numerous model games to turn the space advantage in the centre into a victory
The videos deal with the exciting French Advance Variation, starting with 1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.e5. Besides numerous sidelines, the main focus is on the two most played systems with 3...c5 4.c3 Nc6 5.Nf3 Qb6 and 5...Bd7. With many model games, typical plans and ideas are conveyed in order to come out of the opening with an advantage. In particular, similarities and differences between different variations are explained and some new ideas are shown. In addition, certain positions and tactics are tested in the exercise section in order to repeat and expand the knowledge acquired. In an instructive and comprehensible way, WGM Jana Schneider presents a complete repertoire against the popular French Defence for club players
- Video running time: 4 hours
- Training with ChessBase apps - Memorize the opening repertoire and play key positions against Fritz on various levels
This is what is delivered:
- Fritztrainer App for Windows and Mac
- Available as download or on DVD
- Video course with a running time of approx. 4-8 hrs.
- Repertoire database: save and integrate Fritztrainer games into your own repertoire (in WebApp Opening or in ChessBase)
- Interactive exercises with video feedback: the authors present exercises and key positions, the user has to enter the solution. With video feedback (also on mistakes) and further explanations.
- Sample games as a ChessBase database.
- New: many Fritztrainer now also available as stream in the ChessBase video portal!
That's what the FritzTrainer App can do for you:
- Videos can run in the Fritztrainer app or in the ChessBase program with board graphics, notation and a large function bar
- Analysis engine can be switched on at any time
- Video pause for manual navigation and analysis in game notation
- Input of your own variations, engine analysis, with storage in the game
- Learn variations: view specific lines in the ChessBase WebApp Opening with autoplay, memorize variations and practise transformation (initial position - final position).
- Active opening training: selected opening positions are transferred to the ChessBase WebApp Fritz-online. In a match against Fritz you test your new knowledge and actively play the new opening.
Even more possibilities: Start FritzTrainer in the ChessBase program!
- The database with all games and analyses can be opened directly.
- Games can be easily added to the opening reference.
- Direct evaluation with game reference, games can be replayed on the analysis board
- Your own variations are saved and can be added to the own repertoire
- Replay training
- LiveBook active
- All engines installed in ChessBase can be started for the analysis
- Assisted Analysis
- Print notation and diagrams (for worksheets)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.