paperback, 254 pages: 2015 New in Chess Publishing
New (4th) and improved edition of an all-time classic
The good news about endgames is:
• there are relatively few endings you should know by heart
• once you know these endings, that's it. Your knowledge never goes out of date!
The bad news is that, all the same, the endgame technique of most players is deficient. Modern time-controls make matters worse: there is simply not enough time to delve deep into the position.
Jesus de la Vila debunks the myth that endgame theory is complex and he teaches you to steer the game into a position you are familiar with.
This book contains only those endgames that:
- show up most frequently
• are easy to learn
- contain ideas that are useful in more difficult positions.
Your performance will improve dramatically because this book brings you:
- simple rules
• detailed and lively explanations
• many diagrams
• clear summaries of the most important themes
- dozens of tests.
Jesus de la Villa (1958) is an International Grandmaster born in Spain. He is a successful author and a well-known chess coach. He has won the Spanish Championship twice.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.