Despite the advances in computing power, gambit play is still very common, especially among young players, club players and improvers, and it is wise to learn how to defend against these dangerous ideas. You do not want to be wiped out in the opening! On Meeting the Gambits Vol. 1; Gambits after 1.e4, FIDE Senior Trainer Andrew Martin provides you with an excellent selection of repertoire choices and teaches you the right approach to take against gambiteers. Do not let them have their way! You may see this as a course in defensive and counterattacking technique. The gambits covered on this DVD are:
- Evans Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.b4)
- King’s Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.f4)
- Scotch Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 exd4 4.Bc4)
- Danish Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.d4 exd4 3.c3)
- Göring Gambit (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 exd4 4.c3)
- Morra Gambit (1.e4 c5 2.d4)
- Wing Gambit (1.e4 c5 2.b4)
- Milner Barry Gambit (1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.e5 c5 4.c3 Nc6 5.Nf3 Qb6 6.Bd3 cxd4 7.cxd4 Bd7 8.Nc3 Nxd4 9.Nxd4 Qxd4)
- Blackmar-Diemer Gambit (1.e4 d5 2.d4 dxe4 3.Nc3 followed by 4.f3 vs Caro-Kann, Scandinavian and French)
• Video running time: 3 h 55 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Extra: 50 instructive games
• Including CB 12 Reader
Andrew Martin is an English chess player with the title of International Master. He has won various national and international tournaments and was a commentator on the chess world championship between Kasparov and Kramnik in 2000. He is known as a professional chess teacher and head trainer of the English youth team. He is a chess columnist, an author of chess books and the author of various instructional videos. He was the publisher of the series Trends Publications. Andrew Martin has recorded extensively for Chessbase since 2004.
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and internet connection for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.
ISBN: 978-3-86681-562-9, Chessbase Fritz Trainer DVD
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.