Easy to learn and easy to play.“ These are the twin pillars on which the Modern Scandinavian has been built and which club players have trusted and profited from over the past few decades. Which line should Black adopt after 1 e4 d5 2 exd5 Qxd5 3 Nc3? Here we focus on the sharp 3...Qd6 as opposed to 3...Qa5 or 3... Qd8. All the main responses aside from 3 Nc3 are shown in exemplary games and the result is an insightful overview for club players which will stand the test of time and not require too much burning of the midnight oil. Instead of learning every move by heart, the author focus on showing model games which will explain the plans and ideas the Scandinavian with 3...Qd6 has to offer.
The Scandinavian is a practical opening. You can use this to your advantage. Two helpful tools will help you get this exciting opening into your opening practice. You can practice the variations with the ChessBase Opening Trainer. Drilling the opening moves, guessing how a position arose or just replay the moves in your desired speed further reveal the ideas this opening has to offer. Playing out positions against Fritz will further enable you understand the ideas the author presented in his videos.
- Video running time: 5 hours
- Interactive training including video feedback
- Extra: Training with Ches sBase apps - Memorize the opening repertoire and play key positions against Fritz on various levels
This is what is delivered:
- Fritztrainer App for Windows and Mac
- Available as download or on DVD
- Video course with a running time of approx. 4-8 hrs.
- Repertoire database: save and integrate Fritztrainer games into your own repertoire (in WebApp Opening or in ChessBase)
- Interactive exercises with video feedback: the authors present exercises and key positions, the user has to enter the solution. With video feedback (also on mistakes) and further explanations.
- Sample games as a ChessBase database.
- New: many Fritztrainer now also available as stream in the ChessBase video portal!
That's what the FritzTrainer App can do for you:
- Videos can run in the Fritztrainer app or in the ChessBase program with board graphics, notation and a large function bar
- Analysis engine can be switched on at any time
- Video pause for manual navigation and analysis in game notation
- Input of your own variations, engine analysis, with storage in the game
- Learn variations: view specific lines in the ChessBase WebApp Opening with autoplay, memorize variations and practise transformation (initial position - final position).
- Active opening training: selected opening positions are transferred to the ChessBase WebApp Fritz-online. In a match against Fritz you test your new knowledge and actively play the new opening.
Even more possibilities: Start FritzTrainer in the ChessBase program!
- The database with all games and analyses can be opened directly.
- Games can be easily added to the opening reference.
- Direct evaluation with game reference, games can be replayed on the analysis board
- Your own variations are saved and can be added to the own repertoire
- Replay training
- LiveBook active
- All engines installed in ChessBase can be started for the analysis
- Assisted Analysis
- Print notation and diagrams (for worksheets)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.