DGT Bluetooth Walnut e-Board Notation
Electronic DGT chess boards are accurate and fast chess move input devices. The boards register all moves and record the games. They are used for live game transmission, training, online play, computer play and game analysis. The innovative boards are available in handmade wooden versions and more affordable plastic versions.
At tournaments strings of large numbers of DGT e-Boards are connected to the computer. For stand-alone use at home the USB and wireless Bluetooth e-Boards are popular.
The DGT Bluetooth e-Board connects to the PC using Bluetooth technology. This wireless Bluetooth e-Board is available in Rosewood only and has indices around the edge of the board. The plug & play electronic DGT chess board brings you the best of two worlds. The classical game of chess on a traditional wooden board finally merged with 21st century computer and internet technology.
Where are the boards used?
Electronic DGT boards are used at World Chess Championships and all major and many minor chess tournaments all over the world since 1998. In addition the boards are used at home, at the chess club and chess academy and all kinds of chess events.
What are DGT boards?
- All DGT boards have tournament size squares of 55x55mm.
- The wooden boards are beautifully inlaid Walnut, Rosewood or Wengé.
- Unique patented sensor technology registers both the identity (type and colour) and the location of each individual chess piece on the board.
- An internal memory records the games (stores up to 500 moves).
- Different styles of handcrafted classical Staunton type electronic wooden chess pieces sets are available, all at official tournament size with king height 95mm / 3.75".
- The DGT3000 and DGT Echo chess clocks connect to the boards.
- Free DGT LiveChess software is included for live broadcasting of games via the internet.
How are they used?
- Chess tournaments use the DGT boards to show games live as they happen via the internet on their website or on smartphones and tablets.
- The games are also shown live to the public on screens at the playing venue.
- The boards are used at clubs, at home or at events to record and save games so they can later be retrieved for publication or analysis.
- DGT boards are used to play online against opponents via the internet on chess platforms such as Chess.com and PlayChess.com. There are real benefits in using a real board and pieces.
- The boards are used to quickly and easily set up chess positions for analysis as the board instantly recognises any position.
- DGT boards are used to play against chess programs and engines.
- The boards are used in combination with the DGT Pi Chess Computer for playing, analysing and sparring.
- The computer moves are shown on the display of the chess clock or can be spoken out.
- The boards are used for computer assisted analysis of games. To improve in chess you need to analyse your games.
For tournament use, club and academy use or simply at home, DGT offers the perfect e-Boards.
Included in the gift box is 1) USB cable 2) Two extra queens 3) Clock Cable 4) Fritz CD 5) DGT e-Board software CD. Specifications, colours and contents may vary from illustrations.
Please note we do not keep all styles of chess pieces in stock. Delivery may take 1-2 weeks depending on the style of pieces selected. We can give you a more precise ETA upon ordering.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.