The editor’s top ten:
1. Mini repertoire against the King's Indian: Vladimir Kramnik annotates his surprise coup (with 6.b3) against Daniele Vocaturo
2. A big point for the USA: Olympiad winner Wesley So analyses his victory over Ian Nepomniachtchi.
3. Trends in the Benko Gambit: why does Black often delay the capture on a6? How should White react? GM Stohl brings you up to date!
4. "Move by Move": together with Simon Williams find out how the young Dutch player Benjamin Bok outplayed top GM Nakamura (interactive video)
5. "Premature Resignation": find out together with Oliver Reeh why in Amonatov-Hansen a last check of the position could have paid dividends.
6. 8 out of 10 and gold on board 1: Daniel King demonstrates one of Baadur Jobava's brilliancies from Baku (video).
7. The positional queen sacrifice: strategy expert Mihail Marin reveals why the sacrifice of the strongest piece is often the best practical solution.
8. Marches with kings: David Navara again discovers a fantastic king march – this time from g1 to h7 – and wins!
9. The Slav with 4.g3: let GM Vidit Santosh Gujrathi explain why big names like Gelfand and Grischuk play this side variation (video).
10. Hypermodern manoeuvre: let Pavel Eljanov show you how to optimise one’s piece play these days: Eljanov - Shirov
Recommendations for your repertoire
Postny: English A33 (recommendation for Black)
Iotov: Alekhine Defence B02 (of interest for White and Black)
Krasenkow: Modern Defence B06 (recommendation for Black)
Szabo: Sicilian Defence B76 (recommendation for White)
Neven: French Defence C11 (recommendation for Black)
Kosintseva: French Defence C17 (recommendation for White)
Papp: French Defence C18 (recommendation for White)
Sumets: Slav Defence D16 (recommendation for Black)
Ris: Queen’s Gambit Accepted D27 (recommendation for White)
Marin: Slav Schlechter Variation D94 (recommendation for Black)
Kuzmin: King's Indian Fianchetto E62 (recommendation for Black)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.