The Grünfeld Defence is not only Black's sharpest response to 1.d4, but also an opening with rich and deep theory. Nowadays, many players follow Magnus Carlsen's approach and treat the opening in a simple way. Anti- grünfeld lines with Bd2 were known as the Smyslov Variation for 50 years. But he avoided direct e2-e4 lines, which are very popular today. The central struggle is very different after Black chooses his plan. In general, Black has three responses:
a. Capture on c3 and after c5 or e5 White gets a passed central pawn.
b. Allow White to create a strong centre after Bg7, then try to attack it with pieces or pawn redirection f7-f5.
c. Direct attack on the d4-pawn with Nd5-b6, which is a less logical solution.
In summary, our product offers a challenging and exciting experience that has hopefully piqued your interest. You should now grab a pen and something to drink and prepare for the lesson. Whether you're a seasoned pro or a curious beginner, our product will provide you with one hour of engaging and rewarding entertainment. Don't miss out on this opportunity to take on a new challenge and discover what you are truly capable of.
- Gruenfeld 1.e4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 d5 4.cxd5 Nxd5 5.Bd2
- Introduction & 5...c5/Bg7 6.e4
- 5... Bg7 6.e4 Nxc3 7.Bxc3 0-0
- Main line 5...Nb6 6.e4 Qxd4
- Pawn sacrifice ...2.Nf3 g6 3.c4 Bg7 4.Nc3 d5 5.cxd5 Nxd5 6.Bd2 Nb6
- Main line 5... Nb6 6.Bg5 Bg7 7.e3 h6
- Main line 5... Bb6 6.e3 Bg7 7.h4 e5
- Main line 5... Bg7 6. e4 Nb6 7.Be3 0-0
- 8.h3 e5
- 5... Nb6 6.Bf4 Bg7 7.Nf3 c5
Windows 10 or higher / MacOSX
only available as download! Minimum: MacOS "Yosemite" 10.10
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.