Paperback (softcover), 168 pages
The Cutting Edge is a new type of opening book. The purpose of the series is to investigate aselection of the most critical variations in various openings, providing a state-of-the-art, "cuttingedge" snapshot of the current theoretical picture as well as suggesting numerous improvementsand new ideas.
In Cutting Edge: The Open Sicilian 1 the variations covered are:
- Sveshnikov 13.Nxb5 piece sac: 9.Bxf6 gxf6 10.Nd5 f5 11.Bd3 Be6 12.c3 Bg7 13.Nxb5 axb5 14.Bxb5
- Sveshnikov 18.h4 pawn sac: 9.Nd5 Be7 10.Bxf6 Bxf6 11.c3 0...0 12.Nc2 Bg5 13.a4 bxa4 14.Rxa4 a5 15.Bc4 Rb8 16.b3 Kh8 17.Nce3 g6 18.h4!'
- Sveshnikov: 9.Nd5 Be7 10.Bxf6 Bxf6 11.c4
- Rauzer, doubled f-pawn variation: 6.Bg5 e6 7.Qd2 a6 8.0...0?0 Bd7 9.f4 b5 10.Bxf6 gxf6
- Chinese Dragon: 9.Bc4 Bd7 10.0...0?0 Rb8
- Dragon, 12...Re8 system: 9.Bc4 Bd7 10.0...0?0 Rc8 11.Bb3 Ne5 12.Kb1 Re8
- Dragon, Topalov variation: 9.Bc4 Bd7 10.0...0?0 Rc8 11.Bb3 Nxd4 12.Bxd4 b5
- Taimanov, English Attack main line: 5.Nc3 Qc7 6.Be3 a6 7.Qd2 Nf6 8.f3 Bb4 9.0...0?0
- Taimanov, English Attack with 8... Be7: 5.Nc3 Qc7 6.Be3 a6 7.Qd2 Nf6 8.0...0?0 Be7 9.f3
- Taimanov with 5...a6: 5.Nc3 a6 6.Nxc6 bxc6 7.Bd3
- Kan: 5.Nc3 Qc7 6.Bd3 Nf6 7.0-0 Bc5
- Kan: 5.Bd3 Bc5
About the Author
Milos Pavlovic is a highly experienced Serbian grandmaster and former Yugoslav Champion, whose analysis is regularly featured in New in Chess and Chess Informant. This is his first book for Quality Chess.
Download a FREE PDF sample of this book here
ISBN: 978-1-906552-57-2, Quality Chess
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.